It’s time to play 🙂 My friend Cat at seaskystone has tagged me in a game of blog tagging, and I’ve decided to play along. 🙂
…you must post the rules
…answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you
…create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
…tag 11 people
…let them know you’ve tagged them
Here are the questions Cat asked and my replies:
- What’s the first art you remember making as a child? A roman style plate made of papier mache at infant school
- Pick a bouquet: Roses or wildflowers? It would have to be cultivated roses as wild flowers should be left where they choose to grow.
- Do you speak more than one language? Sadly I only speak English and I’m not even very good at that!
- How many unfinished projects are on your art table? It’s hard to tell as it is so cluttered, but there are at least 5 projects on the go at the moment!
- Peanut butter: extra crunchy, crunchy or creamy? Crunchy 🙂
- What’s your “if-you-were-stranded-on-a-deserted-island-and-could-only-have-one-song” song? Oooh this is difficult, I think it would have to be song called Afraid of the Dark written by my husband about 30 years ago.
- Reading preference: fiction or non-fiction? I’m not reading much at all at the moment, but when I do read I like both fiction and non-fiction it’s the quality of the writing that counts.
- The smell of bread baking, or the smell of freshly ground coffee? Definitely coffee, I’m an addict.
- In five words or less, what does creativity mean to you? Expressing the inner me.
- What animal do you think you most look like? A pig
- What art techniques have you never tried, but want to…? Scrap metal sculpture.
And here are my 11 questions:
- Which artist (dead or alive) would you most like to have a 1 to 1 with?
- How do you silence your inner critic?
- If you could only use three colours which would you choose?
- If you could own any one piece of art in the world (money no object) what would it be?
- What is your most treasured inanimate possession?
- Given the choice of fruit or chocolate which would you pick?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
- Is your art room tidy or messy?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- If you could time travel which period or event in history would you like to experience?
And these are my Tagees, chosen from blogs I visit regularly and love (and not duplicating any chosen by Cat).
- Wendy @ a girl and her brush
- Alicia @ altered bits
- Gretchen @ creativity in motion
- Eileen @ The Scrap Pit
- Mary @ Time for Dabbling
- Nancy @ Delight-Filled Leaves Art
- Dana and Christopher @ St John Studio
- Brian @ a paper bear
- Sami @ Luna
- Elizabeth @ The Glowing Wheel
- July @ Itsaworkofart
I have checked the links and they work OK for me, but if there are any problems please let me know.
Please Note: There is no obligation to play along, I know people are busy with other stuff, so please don’t feel pressured because I tagged you, I just love your blogs so I wanted other to see them too.
The image above started off as just a purple glittery page, I didn’t like it so I drew black ovals all over it, didn’t like that either, so I took some of the lovely vintage pages Alicia sent me, ripped them and coloured them with blue distress ink and stuck them on, beginning to like it a bit now, then I got some gesso on my finger and drew around some of the black ovals and around the edges of the page, like it even more now. Then I took some printed vellum ripped and inked the edges with purple ink and stuck them on and dripped acrylic ink over the page. Finally in honour of this game I printed the quote on. Finally I really like the page and hope you do too 🙂