I hope everyone is well and being fabulously creative.
I have done very little art this weekend because I decided that it was way past the time that I should attack the mess and clutter that was my work room. So far I have spent 6 hours on Friday, 6 hours on Saturday and 13 hours today and I’m still not finished!
Periodically my husband has peeked around the door to see how I’m getting on and has struggled to see any progress, at one point he said “It looks like there has been an explosion in here”. But things had to get worse before they could get better. I have slightly rearranged the room so that now I can get to the cupboards which were blocked in by boxes of history group stuff. Lots of craft bits and pieces are now in labelled boxes and I found some really old jars of paint, probably over 12 years old. Many of them had to be thrown away, even some that had never been opened, but I have put the ones that seem to be OK in my paint drawer and I will use them for backgrounds on my journal pages. There is at least a car load of rubbish that I will have to take to the local tip next weekend and I reckon there is probably about another 6 hours worth of work before I’m finished. I hope I manage to complete the job before I give up. I have quite a lot of filing of personal and history group papers to do and I really hate filing so that’s going to be my weak point and where I am most likely to give in to the urge to make some art.
The sad thing is that my room won’t stay tidy for very long because I am an untidy person by nature. Luckily my husband is obsessively and compulsively tidy so the rest of the house stays in order, but he doesn’t touch my room which seems to be a magnet for clutter of every kind.
Anyway here is a spread from my first journal that I did a few months ago. It’s a bit different to my others: Gesso’d background, then acrylic paint and collaged papers, some old unused bandage, organza strips, I used some adhesive metal tape over the precut birdsong paper with a die cut frame from K & Co and some gold leaf. The word love was a die cut from K & Co, I decided to spray it with Adirondak colorwash spray to darken it slightly, but the spray completely obliterated all the design and lettering so I had to redraw it with black and white ink.
It’s a bit of a weird one, but it was good learning process.
Take care everyone, see you soon